Judgment Enforcement

Did you receive a court awarded judgment? Are you having trouble collecting from the debtor? Has your debtor refused to pay, hide assets, quit their jobs or even disappeared?

Getting the judgment was the easy part but the courts provide little if any help when it comes to judgment enforcement. California courts WILL NOT enforce your judgment and cannot recommend a method of enforcement for you as the courts do not provide legal advice. Its no wonder approximately 80 percent of all judgments go uncollected.

Seeing a need for judgment enforcement, we created a Judgment Recovery solution.

As licensed California Private Investigators we have access to both private and public databases allowing us to find the debtor and locate any assets that he or she may have. We have the skills to locate bank accounts, stocks & bond accounts, real estate and other property and put liens on them. We can garnish wages, attach bank accounts, and seize available assets as necessary to enforce the judgment that was legally and rightfully awarded to you!

Attorneys and collection companies charge upfront fees. Once your judgment is assigned to us you won’t have to spend another dollar trying to get the deadbeat to pay. We will use every method at our disposal to recover the judgment. We only make our money when we collect from the debtor.

Why wait? Call now!

Frequently Asked Questions

Is there a statute of limitations on executing my judgment?
Yes. Your state law sets a limit on how long a judgment is enforceable, called a Statute of Limitations. In California judgments expire unless renewed timely in ten years after date of entry of judgment. (California Code of Civil Procedure 683.020)

Can I recover interest on my unpaid judgment?
Usually, yes. Most judgments include a provision for the payment of interest from the day it was awarded. The actual interest rate and calculation process varies from state to state. With interest, your judgment could be worth significantly more than the day it was awarded. In California “Interest accrues at the rate of 10 percent per annum on the principal amount of a money judgment remaining unsatisfied.” CCP 685.010

Why shouldn't I use an attorney to enforce my judgment?
You can, if you are willing to put down a retainer and pay a fee of between $125 and $175 per hour, whether they ever recover anything or not.

What about using a collection service?
A collection service may contact the debtor and simply irritate him or her or they may even place a black mark on his or her credit report. But, they rarely collect! With the passage of the FDCPA (Fair Debt Collection Practices Act), the debtor has the right to simply tell a third-party debt collector to cease all communications.

Is there any guarantee that you will be successful?
No, sometimes there are simply no assets to seize or the debtor may file for Bankruptcy. Rest assured knowing we will do our best. If we are unable to enforce your judgment - we don't get paid!

How does all this work?
First, we complete an agreement detailing the specifics for the purchase of your judgment. If acceptable, you will then assign the judgment to us making us the assignee of record. Once we have filed the assignment documents with the court, we will have the legal right to pursue the judgment debtor and proceed with the process of enforcement. CCP 681.020 We will then make payment to you based on our agreement after funds are recovered from the judgment debtor.

What is my next step?
Contact us immediately to discuss your judgment. Once accepted we will send you the necessary documents for your review and approval. Once the completed documents are returned and accepted we will immediately start our enforcement of the judgment.

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), and the Healthcare Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) are federal laws that regulates the collection, dissemination, and use of consumer credit information.

How to get Started:

1) Contact our office to start the evaluation process.
2) Fax Email or mail a copy of your Judgment to our Office.
3) Review and complete the Assignment agreement.
4) Sit back and wait for your check.

Yes it is that easy!

Judgment Enforcement Request

All information is considered confidential. This inquiry is immediately sent to our office.

All fields marked with * are mandatory.

* First Name: Last Name:
Address: * City:
* State: * Primary Phone:
Secondary Phone: * Email:

* How Did You Hear About Us?

* Preferred Method of Contact?

* Best Time to Contact?

Tell us as much as you can about your judgment. Court location? Case number(s)? Date of Entry of Judgment? Was it a default judgment? What were the reasons for the lawsuit prior to receiving the judgment? Please provide as much detail as you can.

Information about the debtor(s) Was the judgment against a person or a corporation? Where do they work? What do they drive? Where do they live? Do they own property? Please provide as much detail as you can?

* Confirmation Code:  Reload Image
Please type the code shown above

Copyright S D Childs Investigative Services. All Rights Reserved